Yogi Vishvketu and World Conscious Yoga Family have had a huge influence on Prana Yoga Studio’s owners and teachers, from inspiration, to philosophy, to vision. We are thrilled to be hosting and participating in this upcoming training, and we hope you can join us!
For those who would like to deepen their insights into the science of Yoga and Ayurveda, as well as pursue teaching certification, this is the perfect opportunity.
Program of Study:
- Form, method of instruction, benefits and cautions of 108 asanas (postures), 10 pranayamas (breathing techniques) and 2 kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Learning to create various class-styles: Gentle, Intermediate and Power Hatha yoga
- Teaching methodology, including yoga for diverse ages and student groups, such as prenatal yoga and yoga for the elderly
- Anatomy and the physical/mental benefits of yoga
- Subtle yogic anatomy and the Chakras
- Introduction to Ayurveda, nutrition, and the yogic diet
- Ashtanga philosophy (the eight-fold path)
- Study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, aphorisms giving insight into profound yogic practices, as well as their life-transforming benefits
- Teaching practicum and feedback from the trainers
This training is recommended for those who would like to teach yoga, as well as for those who would like to add depth and dimension to their own practice while increasing experiential knowledge of this ancient lineage of learning.
YTT Extended program Jan-June 2015
This program will be a unique blend of in-town and retreat-style yoga study. There will be 8 weekends held at Prana Yoga Studio in Edmonton followed by a 5 day ashram-style retreat at the Sanctum Retreat Center in Caroline, AB. It will be an intensive practice of mantra, meditation, asana, pranayama leading up to graduation!
Prana Yoga Studio – eight weekends plus a 5 day retreat:
Saturdays & Sundays 9:00 am-6:00 pm & select Fridays 5:30-9:00 pm
Retreat with Yogi Vishvketu at Sanctum Retreat Center in Caroline, AB June 10-14: Arrival Wednesday, June 10th, 11 am, Departure Sunday June 14th 1 pm
Principal Teachers: Leala Enfield (Pragya) and Denise Currie
Additional Teachers: Yogi Vishvketu & Mallorie Buoy
Participants receive 5 months of free drop-in yoga classes at Prana during the course.
Tuition and Registration
Retreat stay: $495
Sub Total: $3195
YTT Intensive program July 20 – August 15 2015
This four week intensive program is a powerful immersion into the traditions of yoga. All four weeks of training will be held at Prana Yoga Studio in Edmonton.
Prana Yoga Studio – Monday to Friday: 8am-5pm
Sat. Aug 16: 9-5pm
Additional Teachers: Soledad Agosto & Mallorie Buoy
Participants receive 1 month of free drop-in yoga classes at Prana following the course.
Tuition and Registration
For more information on World Conscious Yoga Family and Yogi Vishvketu visit www.akhandayoga.com