Yogi Vishvketu and World Conscious Yoga Family have had a huge influence on Prana Yoga Studio’s owners and teachers, from inspiration, to philosophy, to vision. We are thrilled to be hosting and participating in this upcoming training, and we hope you can join us!
For those who would like to deepen their insights into the science of Yoga and Ayurveda, as well as pursue teaching certification, this is the perfect opportunity.
Program of Study:
- Form, method of instruction, benefits and cautions of 108 asanas (postures), 10 pranayamas (breathing techniques) and 2 kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Learning to create various class-styles: Gentle, Intermediate and Power Hatha yoga
- Teaching methodology, including yoga for diverse ages and student groups, such as prenatal yoga and yoga for the elderly
- Anatomy and the physical/mental benefits of yoga
- Subtle yogic anatomy and the Chakras
- Introduction to Ayurveda, nutrition, and the yogic diet
- Ashtanga philosophy (the eight-fold path)
- Study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, aphorisms giving insight into profound yogic practices, as well as their life-transforming benefits
- Teaching practicum and feedback from the trainers
This training is recommended for those who would like to teach yoga, as well as for those who would like to add depth and dimension to their own practice while increasing experiential knowledge of this ancient lineage of learning.
YTT Extended program Jan-June 2015
This program will be a unique blend of in-town and retreat-style yoga study. There will be 8 weekends held at Prana Yoga Studio in Edmonton followed by a 5 day ashram-style retreat at the Sanctum Retreat Center in Caroline, AB. It will be an intensive practice of mantra, meditation, asana, pranayama leading up to graduation!
2015 dates to be announced!
Prana Yoga Studio – eight weekends:
Fridays 5:30-9:00 pm, Saturdays noon-6:00 pm, Sundays 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Retreat with Yogi Vishvketu at Sanctum Retreat Center in Caroline, AB: Sanctum Retreat:
Principal Teachers: Leala Enfield (Pragya) and Denise Currie
Additional Teachers: Yogi Vishvketu & Mallorie Buoy
Participants receive 5 months of free drop-in yoga classes at Prana during the course.
One Month Summer Intensive 2014
This program will be a unique blend of in-town and retreat-style yoga study. The first three and a half weeks will be held at Prana Yoga Studio in Edmonton, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. The final weekend will be an ashram-style retreat at Sanctum Retreat Center in Caroline. It will be an intensive practice of mantra, meditation, asana, pranayama and teaching practice leading up to graduation!
Sanctum Retreat: Wednesday August 20 (arrival 11 am) – Sunday August 24 (departure 1 pm)
Principal Teachers: Leala Enfield, Denise Currie & Mallorie Buoy
Additional Teachers: Yogi Vishvketu
Participants receive one month of free drop-in yoga classes at Prana directly following course.
Tuition and Registration
Retreat stay: $495
Sub Total: $3195
For more information on World Conscious Yoga Family and Yogi Vishvketu visit www.akhandayoga.com