- Fabulous Friday – 24 Hour Sale!
Valid for drop-in classes only. If you purchase the pass online the activation date will be set to December 15th, if you come to use your pass before then, it will automatically adjust the activation date.
- Big News! We’re Moving & Expanding!
We are excited to announce our next evolution… after ten years, we have decided to expand into a gorgeous new location in the Hamptons, only a three minute drive from our current studio! We will be on the ground floor of a brand new building (5611 199 street) with 1200 square feet more space than we currently have, ample free parking, a state of the art hot yoga room, a room temperature studio with curved walls and lots of windows, showers, change rooms and much much more!
The big move will happen February 1, 2016, with no interruption in classes. All passes & memberships will transfer to the new location. We, the staff and teachers of Prana Yoga Studio are thrilled to make this move with you, our community into this next evolution of holistic yoga!
Watch for updates on our newsletter, Facebook and website as this exciting project progresses!
A note from Leala:
The grace of the trees as they surrender their autumn leaves is a beautiful mirror for our capacity to let go of what was, and to trust in the larger cycles of life and of seasons. Our current location has been a wonderful starting point for our community to develop and grow in, but the true heart of the studio is the people; the staff, teachers and students, and and our shared interest in inner inquiry and proactive wellness, which forms the community we have created together. It is time for us to blossom, to evolve into what is next! I look forward to moving & growing together.
- playing with perspective: arm balance & inversions workshop
Saturday, November 28 2:30-5 pm
A workshop developing the foundations for various arm balances and inversions in a safe, playful and explorative atmosphere. All levels welcome!
- Teaching Yoga to Teens Friday 5:30-9:30
*You do not need to be a yoga teacher to take this training!*
This training can count toward a 95 hour certified Children’s Yoga Teacher Designation with Yoga In My Schools.
Discover how to effectively engage teenagers in a supportive yoga practice during the Yoga In My School (YIMS) Teen Yoga Teacher Training.
Teens often experience large amounts of stress due to school, social pressure, family dynamics, work, hormones, body image issues and more. YIMS believes skills learned through the practice of yoga help teens on a pathway of self-discovery by connecting to their inner strength, becoming comfortable in their body and honing their mental aptitudes in a fun and captivating way.
Empower teens to discover themselves from the inside out, foster focus and concentration. By increasing strength and flexibility, teenagers learn to nurture themselves through positive practices and relaxation, and develop health and wellness habits that last a lifetime. This training addresses how yoga and mindfulness skills advance the physical, mental, social and emotional development of teenagers.
- essentials principles and practices of teaching teen yoga
- teen appropriate class themes, poses, meditations, guided visualizations and more
- compassionate classroom management skills
- mindfulness practices for teens
- breathing techniques to calm, focus and balance
- yoga for teen athletes
- techniques to reduce compulsive and at-risk behaviors
- tips for building confidence and leadership skills
- yoga philosophy and how to make it accessible to teens
- ayurveda for teens
- energy balancing practices
- how to create your own lesson plans and curriculum
Join Donna Freeman, founder of Yoga In My School, for a weekend of hands-on, interactive instruction. This is one of four modules to earning your RCYT designation.Cost is $395 + GST
- restorative yoga sanctuary
Saturday December 5
3-5 pm $35 +gst
The winter season is a time to listen deeply within, to reconnect with inner clarity, and to set intentions which align and give form to that clarity. Restorative Yoga is designed to rejuvenate our life force by deeply calming the nervous system and quieting the mind, reconnecting us to our essential vitality.
This practice honors the yin, inward energy of deep winter at a time when busyness can so easily draw us outward, helping us to find balance within beingness as we slow down and attune to the world within. Restorative Yoga utilizes supportive props to create long comfortably held postures, deeply soothing the central nervous system while creating subtle openings and releases in the physical body. Melt away stress and create a clean slate for clarity, renewal, and inspiration. Suitable for all levels.
- Kids Holiday Yoga Camp!
Preschool Camp (Ages 3-6) 10-11:30am $25+GST
School Age Camp (Ages 6-12) 1-4pm $45+GST
Need some time to shop without your child? Want your child to have some holiday fun yoga and dance style?
We will have a Ho ho Ho of a good time!
– Yoga & Dance
– Snack (Please bring a nut free snack)
– Giggles and smiles guaranteed
Sibling discounts available.
Please bring a water bottle.
- annual candlelight SOULstice celebration
Come enjoy an evening of meaning and connection as we move through the darkest part of the year by candlelight… sparking our inner fire through sound, breath, movement, music and connection.
7:30-9:00 pm Choose from one of two yoga classes:
Candlelight Shiva Flow Enjoy live music & drumming while you move beyond the boundaries of your mind. Match your breath & movement to the steady, resonant beat of the drum.
Candlelight Restorative Flow with Leala Enfield, set to exquisite live music. Relish the presence of being as you find depth in both flowing and long held postures while being serenaded into timelessness.
9:00 – 9:45 pm Steep in Sweetness: The two classes will join together for Kirtan (call and response singing) as well as delicious tea, treats & more!
Cost: $25 in advance $30 at the door
(please note, this event has sold out in past years, pre-registration recommended)
The regularly scheduled 7:30pm drop-in classes will not be happening Dec. 17, please join us for the whole celebration!
- Level 1 Kids Yoga Teacher Training Intensive
*You do not need to be a yoga teacher to take this training!*
This weekend now counts towards a 95 hour Registers Children’s Yoga Teacher Designation with Yoga Alliance should you continue to work towards it with Donna!
Spend a weekend immersed in the world of kids yoga with this fun, interactive and inspiring workshop. Teaching Kids Yoga Level 1 is the Yoga In My School foundational kids yoga teacher training course, providing comprehensive education on how to effectively teach yoga to children 4-12 years of age. Includes experience teaching real children, practice teaching with your peers and learning directly from Yoga In My School founder Donna Freeman.
The workshop also includes a 2 hour FREE kids yoga class on Sunday afternoon 2-4:00 which provides participants with hands-on experience teaching yoga to kids. Max 12 kids ages 5-12.
The training curriculum includes:
- Intro to Kids Yoga: what is kids yoga, how it is differs from adult classes, joys and challenges of teaching kids yoga
- Understanding Yogic Philosophy (yamas and niyamas)
- Importance of a personal practice and assistance in developing one that fits your lifestyle
- Benefits of yoga for kids
- Research behind kids yoga
- Pranayama for kids with specific exercises to make breathing fun and engaging
- Key methodology to meet the every changing needs of each individual child
- Child growth and development: Preschool to Tween
- Differences between teaching boys and girls: what to be aware of and how to do this effectively
- Classroom Management: how to promote responsibility & learning
- Relaxation techniques that work quickly and effectively
- The power of affirmations
- Guidelines and steps to successful guided visualizations for kids
- How to create engaging kids yoga classes: keys and components of Lesson Planning
- How to use props in kids yoga class
- How to use music and children’s literature in kids yoga class
- 60 child friendly yoga poses
- 17 guided imagery texts
- 20 yoga games and activities
Cost is $395 + GST
Want more? Register in Kids Level 2 intensive! April 29 – May 1, 2016
- Yoga Teacher Training FREE Info Session
FREE Class & YTT Info Session – Learn more about our 200 programs!
Sunday January 10
10:00-11:30am: Akhanda Flow with Denise
11:30-12:00pm: Q & A with Denise & Leala
Prana Yoga Studio Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher Training Program in Edmonton
Love yoga and want to go deeper? Burning to share what you love about yoga with others? Simply curious to find out more about what yoga teacher training entails?
If you have a passion for yoga and for exploring the deeper questions of life, if you love to grow and learn, if you are ready to take your practice or teaching to the next level and/or ready to share your passion for yoga with others, this course may be your next step!
Whether you are clear you want to teach, or that you want to dive more deeply into the tradition of yoga for your own personal growth, you are warmly welcome to attend our free class and info session about our upcoming 2015 yoga trainings:
200 hour Extended training begins January 16, 2016
Participants receive free drop-in yoga classes at Prana during the courses.
- NEW! zumba®
Get your endorphins rockin’ and a guaranteed smile! Elitsa makes the class super fun and easy to follow. Come get your sweat on!