- sumptuous holiday specials
Stay warm, calm & fit with yoga! Prepare for your January resolutions by saving now on winter yoga passes!
10 Class Drop-In Pass
$115 + get (normally $135 – save $20) valid for four months, activate by Jan. 25
1 Month Unlimited
$99 + gst (normally $120 – save $21) activate by Jan. 25
EARLY BIRD! 8 Week Pre-reg Session
$98 + gst (normally $108 – save $10)
3 Month Auto-Renew Membership, Receive Two Extra Weeks FREE!
$98 + gst per month (Credit card required, minimum three month commitment, new contracts only)
Specials available online, over the phone & in studio Dec. 3-22
- give the gift of yoga!
Yoga Mat, Eye Pillow & 6 Class Drop-In Pass Combo
$110 + gst ($15 off)
Buy a Giftcard over $50 and receive a FREE drop-in class for yourself! (Limit 1 drop-in class per person)
Giftcards & passes are available online or in studio. Yoga mat’s & eye pillows are available in studio only. Dec. 3-22,13
- aligning in the flow
With Denise Currie
Alignment Workshop Series part 3 (newcomers welcome)
Saturday Dec. 7, 1-3:30pm
$30 + gst
Ever wonder if you are doing your yoga postures correctly, or if there is more you could get of each posture by refining your understanding of alignment? Alignment is both physical and energetic, and very simple applications of effort can help you receive the full essence and benefit of each posture. This workshop series will be a glimpse into some of the alignment foundations we cover in yoga teacher training, and can be applied directly to your flow practice, optimizing the time you spend on your mat by enriching your awareness and depth within your body.
Alignment For Standing Postures
- Discover the balance point within your own body.
- Learn to trust your foundation, whether it’s on your feet, your hands or your head!
- Build confindence and fearlessness
- Connect with your playful, expandable nature.
- Yog-osophy: Beyond Resolutions
Sun Dec 8th
(please bring a journal and pen)
Connect to Your Life Intentions!
Resolutions tend not to stick because we try to make sweeping changes and eventually lose our footing on this often unfamiliar terrain of transformation. Taking action without a sense of purpose, of connecting to that which is our deepest intention in Life, is akin to driving a car at night with no headlights, moon, or streetlamps to guide us.
Yoga philosophy offers a process of cultivating sankalpa (san-cul-pah)as a way to fully engage with Life. A sankalpa is a personal vow or commitment that teaches you to tune in to the deepest Truth of who you are, and lends a sense of direction on the winding path of Life by channeling your energy into setting sustainable specificintentions to help align your moment-to-moment choices with your heartfelt desires.
This rejuvenating Yin/Yang flow practice weaves pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra, journaling, and yoga philosophy to help connect you to your innermost vision for your Life.
What is your life vision that is seeking to emerge from within you?
A perfect way to set intention for the New Year!
- yoga for dark times Saturday Dec 14, 2-5pm$35 + gstThis workshop is an introduction to a a lengthier immersion of the same title. Whole unto itself the workshop will give you tools, insights, reprieve and support for smooth and rough waters. “Yoga for Dark Times; Timeless Tools on the Human Journey” was born out of two very dark, lengthy and painful episodes I went through in the last 3 years. Days ‘on my knees’ went on and on. Aside from my pleas for relief was a desire to see this as impersonal. I hoped this experience would bring something of value to others on this human journey. I hungered for a way to assist others in an empathic and compassionate way.As the clouds parted and my ability to cope resurfaced what became clear was a vision to develop a multifaceted experience for being open, humble, witnessed, held, loved, and empowered to learn and gain resources for the road ahead. Dark times are not the exclusive territory of some but the inevitable journey into our humanity that breaks us open. Through our darkness is born our authentic joyous light grounded in the reality of our fragile nature.Whether you are in smooth waters or turbulent seas you will come away with:Yoga Asana that reduces the effects of stress and trauma.Breathing and meditation for mental balance, clarity and calm.Mindful practices for a life of compassionate awareness.An experience of how music and sound can assist and support healing.Tools for creating home practices that uplift and bring peace.
- Yoga Teacher Training: Free Class & Info Session
Prana Yoga Studio 200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher Training Program in Edmonton
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION SPECIAL: Submit your application by Nov. 30 and receive $100 off your training.
FREE CLASS & YTT INFO SESSION: Sunday Jan. 5, 2014
10-11:30 am: Akhanda Yoga Flow with Denise Currie
11:30-noon: Info session and Q & A with Denise & Leala
Application deadline: Jan.10, 2014.
Love yoga and want to go deeper? Burning to share what you love about yoga with others? Simply curious to find out more about what yoga teacher training entails?
If you have a passion for yoga and for exploring the deeper questions of life, if you love to grow and learn, if you are ready to take your practice to the next level and/or ready to share your passion for yoga with others, this course may be your next step!
Whether you are clear you want to teach, or that you want to dive more deeply into the tradition of yoga for your own personal growth, you are warmly welcome to attend our free class and info night about our upcoming Extended Yoga Teacher Training in January! Yogi Vishvketu and World Conscious Yoga Family have had a huge influence on Prana Yoga Studio’s owners and teachers, from inspiration, to philosophy, to vision. We are thrilled to be offering our ninth 200 hour YTT program, and we hope you can join us!
The program will be a unique blend of in-town and retreat-style yoga study. There will be eight weekends held at Prana Yoga Studio in Edmonton. The final five days will be an ashram-style retreat at the beautiful Sanctum Retreat Center. It will be an intensive week of mantra, meditation, asana, pranayama and teaching practice leading up to graduation!
Participants receive 5 months of free drop-in yoga classes at Prana during the course.
Join us for the free class & info session: Reserve your spot!
- kundalini dance returns to prana!
Select Fridays 8-10:30pm:
Feb 28 INTRO NIGHT
Intro Night $15 + gst (Join KD after Intro night: $210-15=195)
Returning Dancer Intro Night $10 + gst
New Dancer Full Series (includes intro) EARLYBIRD (before Feb 15) $200 + gst
New Dancer Full Series (includes intro) $210 + gst
Returning Dancer EARLYBIRD (before Feb 15) $170 + gst
Returning Dancer $180 + gst
DROP IN – Only with approval from Angie (person, phone, email)
Discover the divine feminine and masculine pathways of love and light and lift your vibration into ecstatic resonance with creation!
Awaken to the truth of who you are, your potential and purpose with Kundalini Dance…
Kundalini Dance is a cutting edge form of ecstatic dance, founded by Leyolah Antara. Authentic (non-choreographed) movement and rhythmic breathing are blended with tantric energy work and sound healing to open and clear the chakras of stagnant energy and to anchor in a new way of being that is alignment with the deeper truth of who you are.
No dance experience is required, only a willingness to let go, breathe and move!