- 30 day yoga evolution!
October 13 – November 11
$145 + GST (includes one month unlimited pass)
If you are already on auto renew the cost is $25 + GST
All levels welcome! Attend any drop-in class from dynamic to restorative for 30 consecutive days to complete the challenge. Discover the magic of daily practice, and let your love of yoga take over!
What you get:
- An awesome, energizing holistic yoga class daily*
- The chance to win one of TWO One Month Unlimited Yoga Passes from Prana Yoga Studio**
- Access to a 30 Day Yoga Evolution Facebook group where you can get lots of great inspiration through quotes, recipes and suggestions, and motivate each other with your tips and stories.
- An opening and closing group circle to meet your fellow challengers, to set your intention and to celebrate your success!
- An optional group practice at the Sunday Yin class (1:30-3pm) or Tuesday morning Gentle Akhanda Flow (10-11:15am)
- Entry into an awesome prize draw for a massage from 3 Leaf Wellness! More prizes to be announced soon!**
* You can miss up to 2 days and double up to complete your classes within the 30 days.
** In order to be eligible to win, you must have successfully completed the 30 days of yoga. Any passes you already have will be put on hold if you win the one month unlimited.
When that practice is done for a long time, without a break, and with sincere devotion, then the practice becomes a firmly rooted, stable and solid foundation. -Patanjali’s Sutra 1.14
Benefits of daily yoga include:
– increased strength and flexibility
– reduced stress
– deeper sleep
– healthy breathing rhythms
– improved digestion
– transformation of body, mind & spirit!
- Yin & Mindfulness Immersion
With Amanda Whiting
Saturday Oct 17 & Saturday Oct 24
1:00-4:00pm each day
$80 + gst
Do you love Yin but don’t know why or how it helps your body? Are you hesitant to try Yin because it’s “slow” yoga?
During this 2 part workshop you will learn how specific postures can affect your connective tissues, and how that impacts the body, mind and spirit. You will learn a variety of yoga sequences for different goals (i.e. lower back sequence, anxiety sequence, etc).
In the second class, you will learn about meditation and mindfulness, what this means for the body mind and spirit, and how mindfulness can affect your day to day life.
Yin is a vital complimentary practice for anyone seeking greater balance in their lives, a self practiced therapeutic healing technique, increased range of motion, or a tool for meditation, plus many more benefits.
Please bring a yoga mat, a journal and a pen.
A small manual will be provided.
- Healing Breath Therapy
Sunday October 18
$35 + gst
For breath is life, and if you breathe well you will live long on earth. ~Sanskrit Proverb
Healing Breath Therapy is a healing system based on the natural intelligence of the body. This therapy utilizes the power of the breath to heal and balance the mind and body combining techniques of yogic breathing and shamanic breathing. The breath is the most powerful source of life force energy (prana) which can heal the body, open blockages, reveal patterns or addictions, assist in the releasing of past trauma or abuse and accelerate spiritual growth.
“This powerful therapy is safely and expertly guided, each session offers a new experience in healing, self exploration and growth.” D.N.
- Teach Children to Meditate!
Two Dates to Choose From:
Saturday, October 24 10am-noon
Saturday, November 14 10am-noon
Learn the basic science, philosophy and practice of meditation as it relates to children and teens. Learn how to empower the children and teens in your life to use meditation techniques to assist with focus, self-regulation, stress management and much more! Suitable for any parent, caregiver, teacher who works with or has children.
Note: This workshop is intended for adults only.
No previous experience necessary! $40 + gst
- Acro Yoga Foundations
Sunday October 25, 12:30pm-4:30pm
Discover balance, center and flow through Acro-Yoga by infusing the wisdom and heart of yoga with the strength and grace of partner acrobatics. Acro-Yoga is a community based practice designed to explore new heights.
Experience a creative and FUN way to share yoga in an environment of acceptance, celebration and safety.You will be active, restorative, and supportive as you learn the basics of basing, flying, and spotting.Bring a friend, or a loved one, or just you! No set partner is required for this workshop!
Open to all levels! No experience required!
Acro-Yoga, everything you love about yoga, multiplied with another equals yoga squared!
Come and play and have fun!
$40 + gst per person or $75 + gst per pair
- intro to meditation for first responders & their families
With Dawn Southey Hills & Captain Malcolm Hills with Edmonton Fire Rescue Services
Sunday October 25
10:00am – 12:00pm
Learn the basic science, philosophy and practice of meditation to help reduce stress and the symptoms of PTSD. Develop a solid personal practice, sit in ease, and bring balance, concentration, strength and calm into your body and your life.
Regular price $40 per person
Reduced rate for first responders & their families $30 per person
Everyone is welcome, no previous experience required.
- Halloween Kids Day Camps
Join us for Dancing, Yoga, Craft Time and Face Painting!
Please bring a yoga mat if you have one (we have some available at the studio), a water bottle (water only please) and a nut-free snack! Come in costume or not – your choice!
October 31, 2015
Preschool (3-6 years) 10am-11:30am $25+GST
Kids (6-12 years) 12:30-3:30pm $45 + GST
Sibling discounts available. Doors will open 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
November 20-22 December 4-6
Fridays: 5:30-9:30 Saturdays & Sundays 9-6
Ever wonder what happens to the female body during pregnancy and postpartum?
Do you wonder how to safely teach postures and breathing techniques to expectant mothers?
Prana Yoga Studio is offering a full 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training. Certified with Yoga Alliance, you will emerge from this training with knowledge on:
- Safe postures for each stage of pregnancy and postpartum
- Breathing techniques for each stage of pregnancy and postpartum
- A deeper understanding of pelvic floor muscles and anatomy
- A deeper understanding of the anatomy of pregnancy, birth and the postpartum stage
- A guideline on aryurvedic principals for pregnancy and beyond
- A guideline of mantras to be used during pregnancy, birth and postpartum An idea on sequencing a prenatal class as well as a postpartum class
- An overall feeling of confidence in the ability to teach prenatal and postpartum yoga classes.
Pregnancy and birth are rites of passage in a woman’s life, preparing her for the timeless challenges and gifts of becoming a mother. A time to dive into her clarity while shedding the confines of conditioned thinking, fostering authenticity and deep connectedness with her growing baby. Embracing nature’s perfect design, women can thrive, heal and evolve through pregnancy and birth.
Any person wanting to dive deeper into prenatal knowledge while learning the skills to teach prenatal and postnatal yoga, as well as those who want to learn how to safely guide expectant moms in their regular yoga classes are invited to take this training. Yoga teachers, Midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, expectant mothers, health & wellness practitioners, therapists, doctors & nurses also welcome!
Additional teachers: Amanda Whiting
Additional class observation & practicum hours are required and can be completed before, during or after the program. Please note: All participants will receive a certificate of completion when all course requirements are met, but to become fully certified through the Yoga alliance, you must also complete or have completed a full 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program.
Investment: Early Bird (by August 31): $945 +gst – After Aug. 31: $995 + GST
“If you think even after delivery you understand pregnancy, birthing, the care after birthing that a female may require or how beautiful a woman is ~ you truly don’t until you take this course. I found the course to be healing, informative, educational and empowering as to who I am, what a woman is all about and how females are a catalyst to Spirit when creating another human being.” – Jacqui
“Om Yoga Mama is one of the best yoga programs I’ve had the honor to take part in. The attention to detail and the variety of topics covered throughout the course, has allowed me up to give the highest quality of classes and education to my pre and postnatal students. “ –Rachelle
- Sunrise Yoga Series
with Isabelle, Sole & Tim
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
Oct 28 – Dec 11
6:15-7:30 am (3x weekly/20 classes): $199 + gst
Discover the magic of early morning yoga! Exercising first thing in the morning boosts metabolism and balances the nervous system, setting the tone for the whole day. Classes will be fluid, invigorating, and as uplifting as the rising sun! Start your day with grace and strength, and reap the benefits of a thrice-weekly early morning practice with fellow early risers.
- NEW! zumba®
Get your endorphins rockin’ and a guaranteed smile! Elitsa makes the class super fun and easy to follow. Come get your sweat on!
- Akhanda® Yoga Immersion
If you love holistic yoga and are yearning to dive deeper into the hidden gems of the yoga tradition, this series is for you!
Learn more complex and challenging asanas and pranayama practices, general principles of sequencing for an ongoing home practice, and explore other gifts the Akhanda tradition has to offer: kosha classes to take you though the layers, classical kundalini to awaken and purify the energetic body, 5 pranas class to sensitize your awareness of the subtle internal winds, and hatha raja to calm the nervous system and prepare for deep meditation.
Join Isabelle Addison in this 7 week exploration of the deeper layers of Akhanda Yoga, and of You.
- Level 1 Kids Yoga Teacher Training Intensive
November 27-29, 2015
*You do not need to be a yoga teacher to take this training!*
This weekend now counts towards a 95 hour Registers Children’s Yoga Teacher Designation with Yoga Alliance should you continue to work towards it with Donna!
Spend a weekend immersed in the world of kids yoga with this fun, interactive and inspiring workshop. Teaching Kids Yoga Level 1 is the Yoga In My School foundational kids yoga teacher training course, providing comprehensive education on how to effectively teach yoga to children 4-12 years of age. Includes experience teaching real children, practice teaching with your peers and learning directly from Yoga In My School founder Donna Freeman.
The workshop also includes a 2 hour FREE kids yoga class on Sunday afternoon 2-4:00 which provides participants with hands-on experience teaching yoga to kids. Max 12 kids ages 5-12.
The training curriculum includes:
- Intro to Kids Yoga: what is kids yoga, how it is differs from adult classes, joys and challenges of teaching kids yoga
- Understanding Yogic Philosophy (yamas and niyamas)
- Importance of a personal practice and assistance in developing one that fits your lifestyle
- Benefits of yoga for kids
- Research behind kids yoga
- Pranayama for kids with specific exercises to make breathing fun and engaging
- Key methodology to meet the every changing needs of each individual child
- Child growth and development: Preschool to Tween
- Differences between teaching boys and girls: what to be aware of and how to do this effectively
- Classroom Management: how to promote responsibility & learning
- Relaxation techniques that work quickly and effectively
- The power of affirmations
- Guidelines and steps to successful guided visualizations for kids
- How to create engaging kids yoga classes: keys and components of Lesson Planning
- How to use props in kids yoga class
- How to use music and children’s literature in kids yoga class
- 60 child friendly yoga poses
- 17 guided imagery texts
- 20 yoga games and activities
Cost is $395 + GST
Want more? Register in Kids Level 2 intensive! April 29 – May 1, 2016
- Big News! We’re Moving & Expanding!
We are excited to announce our next evolution… after ten years, we have decided to expand into a gorgeous new location in the Hamptons, only a three minute drive from our current studio! We will be on the ground floor of a brand new building with 1200 square feet more space than we currently have, ample free parking, a state of the art hot yoga room, a room temperature studio with curved walls and lots of windows, showers, change rooms and much much more!
The big move will happen February 1, 2016, with no interruption in classes. All passes & memberships will transfer to the new location. We, the staff and teachers of Prana Yoga Studio are thrilled to make this move with you, our community into this next evolution of holistic yoga!
Watch for updates on our newsletter, Facebook and website as this exciting project progresses!