- Spring & Summer Specials
May-June Pre-registraion Now Available!
Sign up for two registered classes a week and receive 10% off or three classes at 20% off! (Discount is available in studio or over the phone) Sign up now
Unlimited Spring Pass: 2 months of unlimited drop-in yoga classes for only $189 +gst *offer expires May 15*
Spring & Summer Combo Pass: 4 months of unlimited drop-in yoga classes for only $359 +gst *offer expires May 15*
Unlimited Summer Pass Special: 2 months of unlimited drop-in yoga classes for only $189 +gst ($22.50 weekly) *purchase after May 15, before July 15*
Dedicate your spring and summer to transforming through yoga!
Practicing yoga three or more times weekly cleanses the blood, tones and detoxifies the internal organs, improves strength, flexibility & focus, reduces stress, calms the mind and inspires the heart… try it this Summer! view schedule or purchase a pass
- Summer Intensive Yoga Teacher Training – Info session & Free Class
7:30-9pm Akhanda Yoga Class with Denise Currie
9:00-9:30pm Info Session and Q & A with Leala & Denise
Sunday June 1st
10-11:30am Akhanda Yoga Class with Denise Currie
11:30am-12pm Info Session and Q & A with Leala & Denise
Love yoga and want to go deeper?
Burning to share what you love about yoga with others?
Simply curious about what yoga teacher training entails?
If you have a passion for yoga and for exploring the deeper questions of life, if you love to grow and learn, if you are ready to take your practice to the next level and/or ready to share your passion for yoga with others, this course may be your next step! Whether you are clear you want to teach, or that you want to dive more deeply into the tradition of yoga for your own personal growth, you are warmly welcome to attend our free class and info night about our upcoming intensive Yoga Teacher Training in August! Please also feel free to set up a phone or in person consultation with any questions on the training
- Awakening The Energy Body With Healing Breath Therapy
Saturday April 26th, 2014
9:30 am – 12:00 pm
$45 + gst
For breath is life, and if you breathe well you will live long on earth. ~Sanskrit Proverb
Healing Breath Therapy is a healing system based on the natural intelligence of the body. This therapy utilizes the power of the breath to heal and balance the mind and body combining techniques of yogic breathing and shamanic breathing. The breath is the most powerful source of life force energy (prana) which can heal the body, open blockages, reveal patterns or addictions, assist in the releasing of past trauma or abuse and accelerate spiritual growth.
“This powerful therapy is safely and expertly guided, each session offers a new experience in healing, self exploration and growth.” D.N.
- the four pillars of health & wellness
With Ian Hayward
Through these four modules, split into eight half day workshops, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of your elemental make up and how to bring it into balance. Each workshop will give you practical knowledge and guidance to apply the principles of elemental health and wellness to all levels of your being.
With this knowledge you can make the right lifestyle choices to optimize your well-being in the key areas of relationship, diet, exercise, career and home environment.
Wednesdays10:00am – 2:30pm
Module 1 April 30th and May 7th Understanding the Elements
Module 2 May 14th and May 21st Elemental Approach to Food
Module 3 May 28th and June 4th Elemental Routines and Cleanses
Module 4 June 11th and June 18th Exploring the Laws of Nature
Cost: $141.75 (incl. gst) for each module.
Pre-registration required Visit www.elementallifesolutions.com to register online.
Ian is a passionate presenter, published author and educator who was widely publicized in the UK as he gained popularity with celebrities and members of the British Royal Family. His workshops are designed to inform, inspire and empower you to gain deep and profound insights.
- Celebrate The Skin You’re In: Create a Healthy Body Image
Saturday, May 10 3-5pm
Distorted body image is an issue many woman struggle with. Learn how yoga can help you compassionately encounter and confront the image you have of yourself. In this workshop you will utilize Yoga Asana (postures), Pranayama (breath work), and insight journaling to uncover a new appreciation and love for the skin you are in.
Join Amanda for a remarkable journey thru the current state of your body image. Investigate how culture intersects with your personal history to create an image that takes you outside contentment with yourself. Delve into what motivates your choices and influences your feelings, learn or re-learn what defines a “yoga body”, embrace you for your entire being.
*Please bring a Journal and a Pen.
- Red Moon Mandala: Yoga for Women’s Cycles, Rhythms & Well-Being
5 week class series
May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
$95 plus GST
“At her first period a girl meets her wisdom. Through her menstruating years she practices her wisdom, and at menopause she becomes her wisdom” ~Native American saying
As women, of our most potent sources of power is the very thing we are often taught to turn away from, not talk about, and keep hidden – our monthly cycles with all of the moods, mystery, and magic that come along with them. Denying our cyclical nature by living the same way day in and out, year-round can result in getting out of step with our health, energy, well-being, and true Nature. Tap into the healing properties of yoga and Eastern medicine including asana, pranayama, mantra, meditation, journaling, and philosophy as we: DISCOVERhow to knit yourself back into the rhythmic weave of nature and realign yourself with the lunar and seasonal cycles of gestation, creation, manifestation, integration, and dissolution.
EXPLORE yoga and lifestyle practices to support:
- Month-long hormone cycles
- Healthy menstruation
- The 4 “seasons” of your monthly cycle
- Riding the wave of common aspects of a monthly cycle: insomnia, hot flashes, agitation, anxiety, depression, low libido, memory loss, weight gain, PMS, headaches, stress, poor digestion
EMBODY the wisdom of these ancient teachings while creating simple daily self-care rituals and routines to find the calm in your centre based on the profound and accessible healing arts of yoga and Eastern wisdom. No matter what stage of life or monthly cycle, yoga can empower you to embrace your highest form of well-being by allowing the transformative nature of your feminine wisdom to lead you to your greatest creativity, intuition, and power.
- Five Elements Yoga Workshop with Yogi Vishvketu
Two day workshop with Yogi Vishvketu
Saturday June 7th & Sunday June 8th
Cost: $235 + gst -Early Bird
($255 + gst after May 31st)
Saturday June 7th, 9am – 5pm
● Opening the Circle of Trust: getting-to-know-you bonding activities
● 9:30am-10:15am – In this workshop session, we will learn a bit about the energetic layers of being (5 koshas), and how they operate in our lives.
● 10:30am-12:00pm – This holistic practice will take you through a short repeated sequence on an ever deepening journey through the layers. As we complete the bliss layer, we will enjoy a spontaneous relaxation and meditation. As usual with Vishva ji’s holistic Akhanda Yoga classes, this class will include asana, pranayama, visualization, relaxation and meditation.
● 2:00pm-3:30pm – Hip Opening Akhanda Flow: Theme – Root and Sacral Chakras
● 3:45pm-4:45pm – Discussion: Going with the Flow? What does it mean, and when should we resist habitual patterns and consciously create new ones. Recent research in neuroplasticity confirms what Patanjali mentions in the Yoga Sutra (I:…) When a pattern is dysfunctional we can “cultivate the opposite” and literally re-create our reality, sculpt the flow of our lives.
● Activity: Mantra practices
● 4:45pm-5:00pm – Closing Mantra Ritual
Sunday June 8th, 9am – 5pm
● 9:00am-10:45am – Classical Kundalini
In this class we will explore oscillating movements, postures, mantra, and both dynamic and integrative pranayama techniques. We will also work with chakra visualizations and seed sounds – the rich symbolism of the Tantra tradition. The flow of the class will be particularly geared towards the theme of the Navel and Heart Chakras, and Fire and Air.
● 11:00am-12:00pm – Discussion: The meaning of fire and light in yoga.
Exploring what arose in the class, pranayama explanations, and the energetic doorway/movement from the navel to the heart chakra.
● 2:00pm-2:45pm – Going more deeply into integrative and nurturing breathing practices like Anuloma Viloma and Brahmaree
● 3:00pm-4:30pm – Hatha-Raja class: Discovering bliss through the sound of the bees, including 15-minute meditation. Theme: 3rd eye and crown.
● 4:30pm-5:00pm – Mantra and Closing ritual
- The Goddess Network: Creating Community for Women
Join The Goddess Network for an evening of connection and time with other wonderful women!
Saturday May 31, 5-8pm
$20 at the door
What is The Goddess Network? The Goddess Network is a group of women coming together for the purpose of connection, mutual encouragement and support, and the creation of community. The Goddess Network provides an opportunity for women to gather free from judgement or preconceived ideas of how we “should” be, and open our minds and hearts to learning from each other as well as from guest speakers who will cover topics of interest to women (like health and hormones, mental health, and self care).
variety of local women will showcase their businesses (jewelry, lotions, tea, other lovely products and services that will nurture your body and feed your soul).
The Goddess Network’s own Sara Hiebert, Life Coach, will be speaking on Building Your Community. Learn more about Sara at www.sarahiebert.com
You are enough. We can’t wait to meet you.
- Kids Yoga & Dance Summer Camp
Kids will go on virtual trips to the beach, to the circus and even to the mountains for some camping adventures!
Camp for ages 5-12
July 9-11, 1-4pm daily
*Please bring a healthy nut-free snack, water bottle and yoga mat
(please note, camps sold out last year, so reserve early!)
$150 + GST (Register a sibling a receive 15% off the second registration fee, must be done over the phone or in studio)
- 30 Day Spring Sunrise Yoga Challenge
Amaze Yourself! Launch into spring with power and grace: Attend 30 days of sunrise yoga classes taught by a team of Prana’s dynamic teachers, and receive ONE MONTH OF FREE UNLIMITED DROP-IN YOGA! Save the date: April 14 - May 13, 2014
We had sixty-eight enthusiastic participants and two awesome sunrise classes daily for our last Spring sunrise challenge, and we’re ready to raise the roof for the next one! Fast track holistic fitness by starting your day right… boost metabolism, clear your mind, stretch, breathe, tone…
Shift happens! Especially when you commit to a sunrise yoga practice for 30 days. It’s the perfect way to refresh and rebirth yourself in preparation for spring – body, mind, and spirit. Join Prana Yoga Studio’s inspiring and dedicated team of teachers as we journey through a month of renewal and transformation from Monday April 14 through Tuesday May 13. Everyday we will gather for a rejuvenating practice ranging from inspiring yoga flow to challenging vinyasa to restorative yoga. We will be partnering with Health Matters & Glow Juicery to provide support and information regarding nutrition and simple detox techniques – providing an opportunity to launch into spring with a strengthened, nourished and wholly cleansed system. Every day teas will be provided after class and we will end our month together with a celebratory breakfast!
• Daily Yoga Practice 6:15 – 7:30 am (Flow, Vinyasa, Akhanda, Core, Yin/ Yang, Restorative & more!) 7:00 am start time on Sat & Sun
• 25% discount on all supplements at Health Matters during the challenge
• Delicious daily tea from DAVIDsTEA
• 10% off a 1,2 or 3 day cleanse from Glow Juicery
• Opening circle & juice cleanse workshop Sun April 13th
• Succesfully complete the Challenge and be eligible to win a head-to-toe yoga outfit from lululemon athletica!
• Celebratory breakfast!
Complete 30 consecutive days (6:15-7:30am) and receive 1 month of unlimited drop-in yoga classes for FREE! (one month pass must be activated within 2 weeks of program completion)
Cost: $189 + gst
- Yin Yoga Training Intensive Discovering the healing potential of a yin practice is becoming more common. This 15 hour training is designed for both yoga teachers and dedicated yoga practitioners to delve deep into the practice and theory of Yin Yoga, exploring anatomy, meridian theory, sequencing, safety in postures, and mindfulness.Program of Study:
- Form, method of instruction, benefits and cautions of Yin postures
- Learning to sequence for both teaching a yin class or as a home practice
- Anatomy and the physical/mental benefits of Yin Yoga
- Learn about energetic meridians and how they apply to Yin Yoga
- Mindfullness theory – learning to sit with the mind in the intensity of Yin Yoga
This training is recommended for RYT’s who would like to teach yin yoga, as well as for dedicated yoga students who would like to add depth and dimension to their own practice while increasing experiential knowledge.
Carly Forest has taught in and around Victoria BC for over a decade. She began her meditation training in 2002 and has sat numerous retreats since then, in both the Theravadin and Tibetan Buddhist traditions. She has studied Yin Yoga in depth with both Paul Grilley and Sarah Powers and has completed an 18 month Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training at Spirit Rock. She is an endorsed Insight Yoga teacher, after completing her training with the Insight Yoga Institute in California. Carly is a volunteer counsellor through the Esquimalt Neighborhood House and is currently undergoing training in medical qi gong. She offers deep gratitude and respect to her primary teachers Sarah Powers and Jennifer Welwood.
Carly’s style provides her students with a range of mindfulness-based philosophy woven through the asana practice. She teaches workshops, retreats, and teacher trainings locally and abroad.
A Yin Yoga teacher training manual developed by Carly will be included in the cost of the course.
Tuition and Registration
Tuition: $375 + GST
Early Bird Pricing – Register before May 15: $350 + GST
Friday, June 27: 5:30pm-9:30pm
Saturday, June 28: 12pm-6pm
Sunday, June 29: 10am-5pm