*You do not need to be a yoga teacher to take this training!*
This training fulfills the Yoga Alliance requirements for Continuing Education. It is also an elective for the Prana 300 hour training. This training also counts toward a 95 hour certified Children’s Yoga Teacher Designation with Yoga In My Schools.
Discover how to effectively engage teenagers in a supportive yoga practice during the Yoga In My School (YIMS) Teen Yoga Teacher Training.
Teens often experience large amounts of stress due to school, social pressure, family dynamics, work, hormones, body image issues and more. YIMS believes skills learned through the practice of yoga help teens on a pathway of self-discovery by connecting to their inner strength, becoming comfortable in their body and honing their mental aptitudes in a fun and captivating way.
Empower teens to discover themselves from the inside out, foster focus and concentration. By increasing strength and flexibility, teenagers learn to nurture themselves through positive practices and relaxation, and develop health and wellness habits that last a lifetime. This training addresses how yoga and mindfulness skills advance the physical, mental, social and emotional development of teenagers.
- essentials principles and practices of teaching teen yoga
- teen appropriate class themes, poses, meditations, guided visualizations and more
- compassionate classroom management skills
- mindfulness practices for teens
- breathing techniques to calm, focus and balance
- yoga for teen athletes
- techniques to reduce compulsive and at-risk behaviors
- tips for building confidence and leadership skills
- yoga philosophy and how to make it accessible to teens
- ayurveda for teens
- energy balancing practices
- how to create your own lesson plans and curriculum
Join Donna Freeman, founder of Yoga In My School, for a weekend of hands-on, interactive instruction. This is one of four modules to earning your RCYT designation.