PRANA FAQ & ETIQUETTE GUIDE
We are delighted to welcome you to our beautiful studio for a yoga or fitness class. Here are some tips to ensure that your experience is a pleasure both for you and those around you.
Effective June 22, 2020, we are reopen with limited availability. There is currently no hot yoga, but there is warm yoga.
Effective August 1, 2020, as per Alberta Health Services, masks are required in all indoor spaces in Edmonton. Masks will need to be worn in all common areas, and should not be worn during the yoga class itself.
- Please bring a yoga mat & water bottle plus a towel for hot yoga. Yoga mats & towels can also be rented or purchased at the studio.
- Please remove all footwear at front entrance
- First time to Prana? Please ensure you pre-register on MindBody Online and sign our virtual waiver.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class and be on your mat at least 5 minutes before the class start time. Late comers are not permitted. Drop-ins not permitted.
- All students must sign-in by presenting your scanner card (pass) to the receptionist before entering a class. You may also use the self sign-in screen when available.
- Please leave valuables at home and store all coats and personal belongings in the changerooms to keep the studios tidy and spacious. Front doors will be locked when a receptionist is not on site.
- CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE: We do have free lockers that have built in keys for cell phones, wallets and keys if needed.
- CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE: There are shower facilities in each changeroom. Please bring a towel or we do have towels to rent.
- Please turn off or mute all cell phones upon entering the reception area. Cell phones are not permitted in the studios.
- Please keep voices low while in the reception area and change room/washroom. The yoga rooms are silence only zones, please use the reception area for conversations with friends and teachers.
- Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfumes, after shave, etc.) as some students are extremely sensitive.
- Come well hydrated and with a light stomach (avoid eating heavy foods for 2-3 hours before your practice). Wear bare feet and light weight clothing that is easy to move in.
- Let your instructor & reception know if you are pregnant, or if you have any injuries or medical conditions they should be aware of. If you have serious allergies or medical conditions such as epilepsy, type 1 diabetes, heart conditions, high/ low blood pressure, etc. please unsure reception has proper up-to-date emergency contact info. Please note: Hot yoga should be discussed with your doctor prior to coming to class if you are pregnant or have other health conditions.
- If you know you will need to leave class early, please place your mat near the door, and exit before savasana (laying relaxation) begins.
- We recommend that all Prana students receive our e-mail newsletter, to stay current on holiday closures, schedule changes, registration periods, pass discounts, and special events. You can sign up for our newsletter on our website.
- To reserve your spot for drop-in classes, sign in on-line. If you can not make a booking, we require 6 hours advance cancellation to make space for those on the waitlist. If you do not cancel your booking on-line more then 6 hours in advance, you may be charged a $15 fee or lose the privilege to pre-book in the future.
- Up to 2 make-up classes can be taken within a pre-registered session. Please check in at the front desk when you do a make-up class. Make up classes must be done within the current session, they cannot be carried over into the next session.
- Prana does not issue any refunds or credits for missed classes or unused passes. Pre-registered class and workshop cancellations must be given with at least 48 hours notice. If you are unable to attend due to medical reasons (doctors note required) a credit may be issued to your account to use at a later date.
- Practicing yoga a few times weekly is recommended for continuity and growth; however, 1x or 2x per week is also extremely beneficial. Try various styles and teachers to find your niche.
- Children under the age of 11 are not permitted in adult classes unless approval has been given from Prana Management. Children that have not gone through puberty are not able to go into the hot class.
- Yoga is non-competitive. Please go at your own pace. Be respectful towards your body, never moving to the point of pain, and rest as needed.
- Most importantly, relax and enjoy! Yoga is a powerful, delightful, and transformational practice, leaving you feeling refreshed and energized. Cumulatively, the process will enrich every aspect of your life, providing balance and inspiration for body, mind and spirit.