Understanding anatomy in form and function within our yoga practice keeps us free from injury and flowing with grace for the long term, optimizing the benefits of practice every time we step onto the mat.
Explore holistic yoga alignment and how it works within the physical & subtle bodies as an integrated, unified system in this 25 hour training.
What you can expect from this module:
* The Art of Asana: flow, form & function
* How breath revolutionizes body alignment
* A deeper understanding of spinal & pelvic connectivity
* Functional core: Exploring the pelvic floor, core and bandhas in isolation and within postures & transitions
* Anatomy of Connective Tissue: learn about piezoelectric energy and its role in fascia, joints and more.
* Explore common injuries and how to work with them in yoga classes.
* Using postures and teamwork, we will explore different options, modifications and adjustments for various body types and limited mobility concerns.
This module is open to all teachers, committed students or others wanting to deepen their knowledge of anatomy!
Denise Currie (Sukranti) has a passion for the wholeness, health, and awakening of the human spirit. Her spiritual longings and her study of the healing arts came together when she discovered the practice of yoga. She recognized that yoga has the potential to help us discover our hidden depths through inquiry and personal investigation, literally breathing life into unexplored and disavowed parts of ourselves. This recognition inspired her to complete her 200 and 500hr trainings with Yogi Vishvketu of Rishikesh, India. She has over 30 years experience teaching group fitness, and has had 10 years experience as a personal trainer. In addition to teaching yoga and anatomy to yoga teacher trainees, she is a registered massage therapist and has been training other massage therapists for the past 6 years.