Understanding anatomy in form and function within our yoga practice keeps us free from injury and flowing with grace for the long term, optimizing the benefits of practice every time we step onto the mat.
Explore holistic yoga alignment and how it works within the physical & subtle bodies as an integrated, unified system in this 25 hour training.
What you can expect from this module:
* The Art of Asana: flow, form & function
* How breath revolutionizes body alignment
* A deeper understanding of spinal & pelvic connectivity
* Functional core: Exploring the pelvic floor, core and bandhas in isolation and within postures & transitions
* Anatomy of Connective Tissue: learn about piezoelectric energy and its role in fascia, joints and more.
* Explore common injuries and how to work with them in yoga classes.
* Using postures and teamwork, we will explore different options, modifications and adjustments for various body types and limited mobility concerns.
This module is open to all teachers, committed students or others wanting to deepen their knowledge of anatomy!