*You do not need to be a yoga teacher to take this training!*
Spend a weekend immersed in the world of kids yoga with this fun, interactive and inspiring training. Teaching Kids Yoga Level 1 is the Yoga In My School foundational kids yoga teacher training course, providing comprehensive education on how to effectively teach yoga to children 4-12 years of age.
The training curriculum includes:
• Intro to Kids Yoga: what is kids yoga, how it is differs from adult classes, joys and challenges of teaching kids yoga
• Understanding Yogic Philosophy (yamas and niyamas)
• Importance of a personal practice and assistance in developing one that fits your lifestyle
• Benefits of yoga for kids
• Research behind kids yoga
• Pranayama for kids with specific exercises to make breathing fun and engaging
• Key methodology to meet the every changing needs of each individual child
• Child growth and development: Preschool to Tween
• Differences between teaching boys and girls: what to be aware of and how to do this effectively
• Classroom Management: how to promote responsibility & learning
• Relaxation techniques that work quickly and effectively
• The power of affirmations
• Guidelines and steps to successful guided visualizations for kids
• How to create engaging kids yoga classes: keys and components of Lesson Planning
• How to use props in kids yoga class
• How to use music and children’s literature in kids yoga class
• 60 child friendly yoga poses
• 17 guided imagery texts
• 20 yoga games and activities
Join Donna Freeman, founder of Yoga In My School, for a weekend of live online interactive instruction.
This training fulfills the Yoga Alliance requirements for Continuing Education. It is one of four modules to earning your RCYT designation. It is also counts as elective credits toward Prana’s 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training.