September 21-23, 2017
Saturday& Sunday 8-5pm
You do not need to be a yoga instructor to take this training! However a love of children and a desire to help them become their best selves is required.
Learn how to teach the youngest yogis as well as those with emotional and mental challenges techniques to control impulsivity and self-regulate.
After attending this workshop you’ll know how to:
· use music effectively in kids yoga classes
· integrate early literacy skills into your yoga classes
· adapt yoga poses to meet students’ needs and abilities
· effectively use yoga as a complementary therapy for children with special needs
· classroom management techniques that work
This experiential workshop will provide a foundation to promote the healthy development of the hearts, minds and bodies preschoolers as well as individuals diagnosed with:
Understand the needs and challenges and explore creative, fun ways of engaging and supporting children with special needs in the practice of yoga.
This workshop counts toward your 95 hr RCYT training with Yoga In My School.
Resources included with the course:
· Yoga for Children with Special Needs Manual
· Yoga for Literacy Bibliography
Join Donna Freeman, founder of Yoga In My School, for a weekend of hands-on, interactive instruction.
This training fulfills the Yoga Alliance requirements for Continuing Education. It is one of four modules to earning your RCYT designation. It is also counts as elective credits toward Prana’s 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training.