Yin yoga is a practice of depth, intensity, nourishment and intuition. While exploring the body’s deep connective tissues, energetic pathways and organ functions, a profound meditative portal opens, providing space and new ways of being in the physical experience.
with Amanda Whiting
and Guest Teacher Katherine Frey
Yin Yoga Training: September 22-24, 2023 & October 27-29, 2023
Friday 5:30-8:30, Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am-5:00 pm
In this 35 hour training spanning 2 weekends, we will explore:
- Yin Yang theory
- The benefits, resolutions, precautions and potential outcomes of yin yoga
- Introduction to meridian theory from a yin perspective
- Anatomy and physiology as it pertains to yin postures.
- How the physical and energetic bodies work together in yin poses and how this impacts the mind
- Interoception and the nervous system
- Yin postures including cues, modifications and precautions.
- Yin meditation – what is it and how is it different from traditional meditation practices
- How meridian theory is correlated with yin and how to apply this to the practice
- Sequencing a yin class
Using a combination of practice, theory and group work, we will explore together the amazing world of yin!
Upon completion of this training you will be fully equipped to teach yin classes with confidence as well as deepening your own yin home practice.